Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Stephen Crane in the News: NY Times Review of Stephen Crane: A Life of Fire
- Stephen Crane in the News: THE RED AND THE SCARLET: The hectic career of Stephen Crane. BY CALEB CRAIN
- New Books: Stephen Crane: A Life of Fire
- Crane Queries: Mary Helen Peck Crane Archives?
- Stephen Crane Panels at ALA in Washington, D.C.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Friday, May 23, 2014 Session 10-B Culture and Context in Stephen Crane’s Work 12:40-2:00 p.m. Organized by the Stephen Crane Society Chair: Paul Sorrentino, Virginia Tech 1. “Creative Destruction: Conflagration, The Newspaper Sketch, and Stephen Crane’s ‘The Monster,’” Jennifer Travis, … Continue reading
From http://storyoftheweek.loa.org/2010/05/when-man-falls-crowd-gathers.html Stephen Crane’s sketches and articles for New York newspapers often describe people seen or things experienced on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. The following narrative, originally published in The New York Press in 1894, is characteristic in its description of life … Continue reading