Call for Papers: Stephen Crane Society at ALA 2015
The Stephen Crane Society will sponsor two sessions at the American Literature Association Conference at the Westin Copley Place, Boston, on May 21-24, 2015. All topics are welcome. Here, for example, are a few suggestions:
- Crane’s depiction of war
- Crane and the arts (e. g., painting, photography, music)
- Crane’s depiction of the city
- Crane’s poetry
- Crane’s journalism
- the Sullivan County tales and sketches
- the Western stories
- the Whilomville stories
- one of Crane’s lesser-known novels (The Third Violet, Active Service, or The O’Ruddy)
- Crane’s depiction of women
- Crane’s relationship with other writers, e. g., Garland, Howells, Conrad, or Frederic
Presentations will be limited to 20 minutes.
You may also propose a roundtable discussion on, say, teaching Crane’s short stories.
Please email abstracts or papers of no more than ten double-spaced pages by January 10, 2015, to the program chair:
For further information, please consult the ALA website at www.americanliterature.org.